View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 03:09 PM   #383
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
I can publish the complete e-mail Amazon answer with metadata if you don't think it's original ...
You misunderstood my post. I did not question if the email you posted is original.

My point was, it is unclear if it is new Amazon policy. Or if it has been Amazon's policy all along. Or if it is Amazon's policy at all, or just the opinion of one CSR.

It is also unclear, how exactly it applies to the Kindle account:

Is the Kindle account completely separate, and thus completely unaffected by a ban on purchases.

Or is the user banned from buying books, but can still use Wispernet to download already purchased books?

Or is the user limited to updates only?

Can the user continue to utilize Amazon's conversion service?

And so on. Again, IMHO, Amazon needs to state a clear policy, otherwise these posts will continue to appear.

Oh, and while they are at it, Amazon needs to tell us what exactly the Search function does, since it apparently doesn't spit out all the available results a user might be looking for. And it hides that fact from the user.