View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 11:06 AM   #11
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don’t think I’ve ever had a spam call on my mobile phone. I’m pretty sure that making such calls is illegal in Britain.
Unfortunately here in the US the government has been taking a more or less hands off approach. They created a No Call List years ago which you can register your phone numbers with (cellular and land-line), but they have no realistic way to enforce it, and so it has never been effective. The Big Phone companies seem to resist controls to help curb it. We are treated like unwanted stepchildren when it comes to consumer protection in this country. I know in my state (Texas) the agencies designed to protect we mere mortals are pretty much owned by Big Oil, Big Phone, Big Insurance, Big Business in general. By owned I mean there are payoffs through huge campaign contributions and other means. Basically, in the USA the government believes in deregulation of almost everything, and that typically results in "we the people" getting the short end of the stick. And you can use your imagination as to where that stick gets shoved!

Last edited by OtinG; 06-06-2019 at 11:10 AM.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote