View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 01:03 PM   #25
spinky
spinky began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3 / Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
No workable import method currently exists for Fire tablets or the Kindle for iOS/Android apps.
First: THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE A LIFESAVER!!! I had a near catastrophe today where my Kindle for PC refused to download a book I bought this morning and desperately want to read. (I hate when people only sell their books on Amazon. )

Second: I was able to successfully import and convert a book from the Android app.

First I had to locate the kfx file on my phone, which took a while. (The files were in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files but I don't know if that's universal I found it doing a search for .kfx.)

Then I zipped the whole directory labelled with the B0* book ID.

I emailed it to myself (because it beat messing around trying to set up mtpfs crap or get adb to work so I could transfer files). I also sent along with the .ticr file and the one that was just a string of numbers and characters from the files directory. (I don't know if those two files are necessary, but I was recreating the directory structure.)

On my desktop, where I have Calibre, I created a "KFX" directory. I dropped the .ticr file and the other in the folder root and then extracted the zipped B0* folder.

I followed your setup directions on the desktop, used the extracted B0* directory as the import source, and bam, it worked like a charm. I'll be reading my shiny no-longer-kfx book on my aging Nook tonight. Thanks!
spinky is offline   Reply With Quote