View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 03:06 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
Hi, I've bought a Aura One but I'm doing little disappointing experience:

I downloaded my .mobi ebooks from my kindle paperwhite3 to the kobo and
I updated the firmware to the version 4.6.9995 but the device is still too slow to open several books and even to turn page!
Moreover I can't underline or use the popup dictionary at all...
What can I do?
Could anyone help me?

thanks
The mobi format support in Kobo's firmware dates back to the original Mobipocket format and Amazon made quite a few changes over the years since they purchased Mobipocket (an advantage of a proprietary format) so having issues with mobi format is pretty much to be expected. Highlighting and dictionary use are not supported on mobi.

As PeterT recommended, load your mobi format books into Calibre, update the metadata and covers, convert them to epub (or kepub) and send them to your Kobo.

I'm quite surprised that many of them would open since you made no mention of stripping DRM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote