View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 03:18 PM   #10
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Thanks for all the tips. And just FYI, to be clear what I'm talking about: I notice those annoying blank lines mostly in books that I bought through Kobo and downloaded on the device from the Kobo store. And I have to correct myself and say that this doesn't apply to *all* those books, just to a fair number of them, unfortunately.
In fact, I've complained about this before and it's probably just the same problem recurring, having nothing to do with the Aura One per se.

It does seem to be a weird collocation of both the publisher's formatting *and* something at Kobo's end, because if I download those same books from Kobo on my PC and open them in ADE, I *don't* see those *&%$# blank lines. So it was something that was added to the book by the Kobo shop, I think.

Regardless of whether I've downloaded the book on the device from the Kobo shop, also always download it on the PC and import into Calibre. And I've started sideloading those books (even though I'd bought them at Kobo and sometimes had already downloaded them "the official" way) from Calibre onto the device as well.

Because I noticed that the versions that Calibre sideloads of those same books, thanks to the prober Kobo extensions probably, does *not* contain the blank lines between paragraphs. Without my having done any complicated individual editing of books or CSS or what have you.

Weird, isn't it? But I'm going to stop worrying and just learn to accept that there are some books I'd better sideload from Calibre. And hope that I never get into a situation where I have to do more complicated things to make a book look like a book. :-)
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote