View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 01:06 AM   #36
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
When Joseph brought the Jews into Egypt during their famine, about 250 years before Amentohep, the bible tells us that God was the strongest, meanest, toughest and most important God but it never ever says or even hints that he's the only God. That idea was first thought of by Amentohep.
Perhaps we have different "bibles" - but the one I read does indeed say, over and over again, that there is no other god but God. Not expecting the bible's own words establish the credibility of those same words....but "it's in there" to borrow from the old Ragu commercials.

Of that I'm certain. What I'm fairly certain of is there being no currently known evidence outside of the Jewish scriptures for the Jews ever being in Egypt. I think the evidence just hasn't been found. But, I'm quite interested to learn what materials you book pulls from, or is it just a work of fiction?

It is also useful to note that there was no biblical record prior to Moses. He wrote all of the accounts from creation through the first five books.

And, on topic, a should have added the Bible as one of my rereads. Every so often I embark on a "read the bible through in a year" efforts. This is one of those years for me.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote