View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 11:52 AM   #34
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I re-read favourites regularly. The authors most likely to be re-read are:
  • Sharon Lee & Steve Miller, separately and together. I re-read their Liaden Universe books (all 19 or 20 of them!) just about yearly.
  • C.J. Cherryh, the Foreigner books, usually just the last half dozen before a new one comes out.
  • Wen Spencer, whenever I can come up with a good excuse, which doesn't take much!
  • Nathan Lowell, whenever I want to just relax and enjoy a good _story_. His books were mostly oral originally, and they have that character throughout.
  • Elizabeth Moon, though not all of her later books. I buy them all, but seem to be re-reading only her older books.
  • Lois McMaster Bujold - Vorkosiverse and some of her fantasy.
  • Georgette Heyer - once every dozen years or so. I tend to re-read one every six months or so, and parse them out to savour.
  • Patrick O'Brian, his Aubrey/Maturin series is a favourite, especially as audio books read by Patrick Tull.
  • David Weber, though I find myself skimming the interminable military details, but still loving the stories.
  • Kerry Greenwood, whose Phryne Fisher books are wonderfully entertaining even after I know how it all ends.

Other books or series by authors whose overall works I might not include here, such as John Ringo, whose Empire of Man series co-written with David Weber, is a definite periodic re-read. But not the rest

Last edited by CRussel; 06-11-2016 at 04:09 PM. Reason: typo
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote