View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 09:35 AM   #15
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
The various formats don't bother me. When reading on my Palm for years I used Ereader for DRM and Palmdoc for nonDRM. When I bought my Fictionwise 1150 I converted the books from ereader / palmdoc to IMP, now that I've got a Sony I shifted them yet again to LRF.

Doesn't take long to do... I break the DRM as soon as I purchase the book and store it as RTF, then I can shift it to whatever comes along in the future. Obviously I try to buy DRM Free first, but failing that Ereader or LIT are very easy to shift to RTF.

Even though I am probably breaking the law by stripping the DRM I am spending more on ebooks and supporting the authors then I used to spend on Pbooks. Besides I always bought pbooks from used stores which didn't support the authors anyway. I don't share the books and if the publishers would just realize DRM doesn't stop anyway life would be easier.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote