View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #565
jbaumann
Zealot
jbaumann began at the beginning.

Device: Multiple Kobos, multiple Kindles
Thumbs up Thank you and subsequent question

Hi KiwiDude,

thank you very much for your fast response. The new feature "Add series to xxx" works very well, and everything is nearly perfect. :-)

My current setup:

I have a column #to_read which, when set to 4 or 5 stars, should be copied to the reader. I created a second, hidden column #stars, that contains the strings "4 Stars" or "5 Stars" using the following expression ".{#to_read:switch(4,4 Stars,5,5 Stars,)}". This column is used for the generation of shelves/series/collections on the device (Kobo Glo). This way, if I mark something with 3 or 2 stars it won't fill up the device.

I created a list Stars, which is populated via a search "#to_read:">3". Works like a charm. I have a second list "Series", and I simply mark every book in "Stars" and do "add series to list"->"Series". Both lists are synced to the device, and voilá, I have all books I marked with 4 or 5 stars and the accompanying books of the same series on my device.

Point 1: The manual step to copy all the books in the different series. Would it be somehow possible to automate this? This would make the whole thing perfect.

Point 2: Is this setup the optimum?

Very important: This is no kind of criticism, on the contrary.

And even more important:

Cheers, Joachim
jbaumann is offline   Reply With Quote