View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Original manga-style graphic novel

Um. This is slightly embarrassing, but it's been suggested that I start a thread here telling people I'm working on a manga-style graphic novel. There's a link in my signature line, but you have to register at that site to see the images, and they're reduced in size and resolution due to the limits of the site, so I also put them in my gallery here at MR:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/album.php?albumid=62

The photo gallery lists them from most recent to least recent, so go to the "last" image and use the "prev" button to navigate. I'll post additional pages as they are completed. I'm only up to 6 "finished" pages so far, though I've got the plot, dialogue, storyboards, etc. for rather more than that.

Synopsis:

Quote:
Younger son of a famous teahouse in Shiga Prefecture, Mitsunari has accepted an arranged engagement to Jyunko, only child of one of the most prestigious teahouses in Tokyo. Jyunko is beautiful, graceful, and kind. However, as he begins to get to know his betrothed, Mitsunari realizes that all is not as it seems....

Please be advised that this manga story contains some mature and controversial themes. Recommended audience: Older teens and up.
For the curious, I'm not actually much good at drawing. I use 3D software (usually Daz Studio, sometimes Carrara or Hexagon) to generate the images, then compose the pages using Manga Studio. I'm not completely happy with what happens to the images when they get imported to Manga Studio, so I'm still working on that part of the process.

Comments welcome, of course, either here, in the gallery, or in PM... whatever.

Edit: the link in my sig line now points to this thread. It used to point to http://artzone.daz3d.com/index.php?a...view&uid=20599 in case anyone cares.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote