View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #25
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Ive never heard of the plant. lol.
I just looked it up in Wiki. I remember when it came out, and since I'm not a King fan just followed it pretty loosely at the time. I even had a bet with my Dear Hubby that King wouldn't finish it. (I never did collect on that.... Hm...)

What is below is basically from Wiki.

Basically, a story he wrote a few part of and sent to friends, then decided to publish it on-line as a book publishing experiment, with the request that people donate a dollar a section. He threatened to quit writing it if the paying percentage dropped below 75% of the download number.

Eventually he raised the price to $2, (promising more pages per ep. though, and a cap on the total cost) and the paying percentage dropped down well below that. All download numbers fell. So he quit writing it.

Last episode was 12 years ago. He later admitted he'd made half a million on it, but apparently that wasn't enough to entice him to finish it anyway. I don't really remember any good reviews at the time, so maybe it was best left undone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
But the episodics Im reading are already done, they are on a scheduled release.
We differ in that, also, then.

I usually save up a much as possible before I read, so wouldn't want to jump in until I knew it was all posted and I had all the parts.

I feel that time is like pouring cold water into a nice bowl of soup. Doesn't add anything to my experience, and tends to ruin something that was a great product, when already finished. I'm just not wired to enjoy it.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote