View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #23
Jack B Nimble
Groupie
Jack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enough

Device: Tapwave Zodiac, eBookwise 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
If you are that desperate, you could always buy the pback version and then you can check in that as to how far you are in the ebook...
Actually, my worst experience with that came from a p-book. I had picked up a new book, which I did not know was the start of a series. As I approached the end, there were still a LOT of loose threads left, and I checked to see that the author had only about thirty pages in which to wrap things up. Literally, right after I had checked on the remaining pages, I turned the page to see:
Quote:
To be continued in Book II of The Endless Chronicles, coming to your local bookstore shortly after Hell's Thaw.

And now, a preview of So-and-So's upcoming bestseller, Book LXXVI of The Neverending Chronicles
With thirty pages of characters I did not know or care about... I was in a sour mood for days.

Jack

Last edited by Jack B Nimble; 07-28-2008 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Corrected MXXVI to LXXVI... have to keep the exaggeration resonable.
Jack B Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote