View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
Justin Nemo
Stercus accidit
Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nookpadle 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
DRM is just a bad idea for any media.

If you think it works for DVDs, try playing a disk from a different region, or try ripping a DVD for use on your iPod. (Both can be done, of course, but require work-arounds or special software or firmware.)

Grand Master Mouse, thanks for your input. I didn't say it worked for DVD's, I said I can see how it would work. For a start, I'm not going to be buying a DVD in Region 2 and then flying all the way across the Atlantic to Region 1 to watch it. If you stay within the country that you bought it, you can play it in any DVD machine.