View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 04:28 PM   #195
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
My daughter is 10 and a very voracious reader (yay!), with that as a theme I could ask her for a few of her favorites too. Some of them could make for a very interesting book selection.

(One of her favorites is My Side of the Mountain right now, so in general she's not not too out there and it could have some good discussion. My 7 y.o. on the other hand... well, at least she's reading something.)
Has she read Island of the Blue Dolphins? I loved that. If you don't know it, it's a survivalist novel based on a true story, about a Native American girl/woman who lived on her own on an island off California. There's the west coast connection for your daughter, too.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote