View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 07:29 PM   #4
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
I am a bit surprised nobody seems to pick up this thread. Is not the introduction of a second rendering engine for ePub a significant milestone for Koreader?

I just wanted to explain why I did not want to use the "reformat" option in its today form. For what I saw, when you select it, you can tweak your ePub in many ways (fonts, margins, etc.) but I really disliked the scrolling: somewhat the lowest line is half eaten, sometimes the upper line is too low or repeat the last preceding line, to sum it up, the display is not clear cut and this I find particularly disturbing.

On the other hand, the direct display (without "reformating") is tantalizingly close to a perfect rendering. I wish some solution could be provided to the font-size problem. I noticed in the first post that the original MuPDF ePub rendering application allows some tweaking commands, among them to set up a default font-size value. Could this be backported to the Koreader version of this application?
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote