View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #74
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefiriot View Post
I was thinking of a general geometric pattern, one that's not too complex based on the Paradox pattern (my favourite!) all over the book cover, quite faint: it should look like stamped leather-- recessed version (you've seen an example in Leather Cover 1, first generic covers post). Only the space enclosed by the title ornament would be left plain.

I think it'd probably work better on a nice darker coloured leather cover, though having it as a pattern on a linen cover might be intriguing.

As for what I might do on a linen cover, I'd like to try making something more organic, similar looking to your Leather Cover #10 or Linen Cover #2. I'd probably use the Mooka pattern for the frame and something else to fill in edges or embellish it; maybe Crescent Moon. Have to think about it and drawing these things takes time.
In Pixlr you can find effects under filters like kaleidoscope or water swirl. Try them, maybe you get some of the effects with them.

Edit:
I made some simple once to show you what pixlr can do. First I made simple black and white layers and cutted them, then I played around with the kaleidoscope effect. The 2. one is the same effect after I put the water swirl effect on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stage1.jpg
Views:	1133
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	111374   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stage2.jpg
Views:	1189
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	111375   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stage2a.jpg
Views:	1144