View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #9
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Have you looked carefully at the inside of the USB connector on the bottom of the Nexus? When mine had symptoms like yours it turned out that the contacts inside had retracted further into the case and no longer made contact with the cable for charging.
Comparing the 7.1 to the 7.2, it does not appear that this is the problem. If it were, I would send it in for the warranty repair. Were it out of warranty, I'd try fixing it myself, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I had a similar problem my wife was complaining that her nexus 7 was dead was not charging. Using a different wire and charging using the computer port instead of a wall charger worked at first I thought it wasn't connected as my pc didn't detect it but keeping it connected for an hour worked.
Tried and failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
Have you tried only holding down the power button. You may have to hold it down for a while (1 min) before it comes on. Otherwise I have no idea.
I've done all the button combinations, for three minutes or more (fortunately, there are only three buttons).

I've got the shipping packaging now, and will be UPSing it to Texas tomorrow for warranty repair. I'll report back when they return something to me.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote