View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 02:00 AM   #204
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
Another request, what I could not solve for my former versions is the shop. It remains english and I had no clue in 3.3 how to localize. Have you done this for 3.4? Could actually not find how to translate shop pages.
I did a little inquiry and I think I know how to translate the store. The question is, if it's worth the effort.

Basic store definition (URI and such) is here: /opt/amazon/ebook/config/marketplace.json

Other interesting variables are here: /opt/amazon/ebook/prefs/xyml_prefs

But the most interesting fact is, that Kindle caches every shop page (XML file) in /tmp/apps/xyml_cache/www.amazon.com_*.xml files.
There are all the phrases. If a daemon would watch this dir and translate any untranslated file with sed, the shop would appear localized on the next visit.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote