View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
GraciousMe
Zealot
GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question Feedback on CSS?

Did I get it right, can one post oneīs CSS for reactions and feedback?

In that case, I welcome feedback on my CSS and a small representative snippet from my book. The text here is not my own, just some random stuff from E. Britannica. There is no real continutiy, just a catalog of different, recurring patterns in my book.

(I should perhaps mention that the book is a music manual for youngish singers. English is not my native language, nor is the book written in that language.)

PLEASE NOTE: I am mainly interested in feedback on my CSS (the construction of which is a quite new thing to me). You might have views, even violent ones, on the way I construct my page. I am less interested in that.

I am an writer (thatīs how I pay my rent), and not a designer, programmer or typographer. I have noted that typograpy is one of the stiffest, most purist and most resistant to change-domains. I do NOT wish to enter into a polemic about those things.

I have given a lot of thought to how I want my book to look, so please respect that and do not regard me as a thoughtless beginner. Ok?

Sorry for sounding so defensive. Iīve had bad experiences with anal typographers.

PS: In another thread I have discussed footnotes with some of you. In brackets you can see my "solution" to this. I omitted the *-s which otherwise signal "footnote" , so basically what we have at the end of the 4-th paragraph is not a footnote, but auxilary text in smaller case within brackets.
Attached Files
File Type: epub CSS plus CODE.epub (3.3 KB, 126 views)

Last edited by GraciousMe; 10-31-2012 at 11:35 AM.
GraciousMe is offline   Reply With Quote