View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #35
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
I have plenty of software that doesn't say anything of the sort. So that is utter rubbish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaejr View Post
So you buy Adobe's Photoshop and nowhere in the EULA is says you can install it on every computer you own? I would venture a guess you never read the EULA and simply check the 'I agree' box and continue on your merry way...besides I didn't say ALL software...
I suspect Blue Tyson is referring to open source software. All the software on my home computers and my work computer is open source. The licence of every one of those programs allows me to install the software on as many computers as I wish. It even allows me to make copies and distribute them (under certain conditions, the conditions varying according to the licence).

An example that many users here will be familiar with is Calibre. It's released under the GNU General Public License, v3. The licence states that it is "designed to make sure that you have the freedom to distribute copies" of the software.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote