View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 01:54 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
People Don't Buy Books Anymore...

...they download them.

Well, I'm watching this Hallmark movie - Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade (2012) - when I hear that line. The star of the movie went to a bookstore with her friend, only to learn that it was going out of business and being torn down. She considered it a landmark, but the developer of the new project (our male lead) just happened to be there (yeah, right) and didn't care. Anyway, she jumped all over him saying how she bought her first Nancy Drew there and here first Agatha Christie. His response - "people don't buy books anymore, they download them" - love that line.

So, that brings me to the purpose of this thread. Of the books you read, what percent are ebooks? For me, I totally relate with the thread title. I download 100%.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-13-2013 at 02:00 AM. Reason: forgot link
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote