View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Changing out a chapter for a new one--best way?

Good morning! I have an epub built in Sigil from an html file, CSS file, and several images. The epub has been much edited, so I don't want to go back to the original html and start over again. OTOH I have rewritten my final chapter, using Open Office (the OO document will be used to create a PDF for the printed edition). What is the best way to get that revision into the epub? I can for example paste it into a new html file. And I suppose I can make a new epub of just that chapter. But how do I get the new, Sigil-generated epub text into the existing book? Shall I just delete all the old paragraphs, go to the new epub, copy the substitute paragraphs to clipboard, and paste them into the book?

Having typed that question, it now seems quite reasonable to me. Shall I do it?

Thanks!
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote