View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 05:31 AM   #10
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Except that <p>s cannot contain block-level elements, such as <div>.
Darn. I thought they were going to tweak that with HTML 5. Apparently not, now that I check the specs.

I guess <p>+<span><br> is the way to go for cut-and-paste comptibility, then.

Mind you, I wouldn't bother putting display: block on the the <span>s, since the <br>s accomplish the task of visually separating them, and I think a hanging indent is best handled by using a negative text-indent value on the containing block.

Though alternatively, one could be perverse and add padding-left to the <span>s and no padding-left to the :first-child <span> of the containing <p>.

Assuming a sufficient quantity of rendering agents recognize the more difficult pseudo-class selectors, which I would personally not bet upon. I suppose marking up the first lines with special classes would be the way to go.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote