View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 04:47 AM   #41
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
I find the same thing with my Sony PRS500: it's great in direct sunlight but hard to read without good light. I love the large number of books formatted for it though.
The 2nd generation "VizPlex" screens which devices like the Sony 505, CyBook Gen3, and Amazon Kindle use, have greatly improved contrast compared to your Sony 500, and are much better in dim light. When I had a Sony PRS500 I needed to use a reading light in pretty much any artificial light; with the VizPlex screen on the Gen3 I find that I can read (perhaps with a slightly larger font size) in much the same light levels I'd need for a paperback book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote