View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #15
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
Eventually I would love to see this scenario at a retailer:

I go in to browse (because for a book lover there is nothing like the joy of spending time in a bookstore)...and as I wander around I see various interesting-looking offerings. I read the insider covers, maybe I read a few pages, and I decide which books I want. Right there on the shelf is some indication that the ebook is available, and I either swipe my credit card, or take a bit of paper with the scanner code, or whatever.

When I'm done choosing, I go to the register, hand the cashier my credit card AND my ebook reader, and the books are loaded onto it.

Well, in other words, I guess it works a bit like Amazon...but (I am sorry Amazon, I love you but this is a big BUT) they simply cannot duplicate the shelf full of colorful spines facing me, with the titles, the authors, and the chance to open the book to a page and random and start to read. Bookstores are special places!
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote