View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:29 AM   #156
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
It is sorta like having a sign proclaiming that you have a security system installed in your house. With so many WiFi networks available in so many places, why go after something even incrementally harder to get to because of Mac addresses, hidden SSIDs, etc.?

I don't know how many WiFI networks there really are within range of my suburban backyard, but I can see six. I don't now how many there are within range of my office, but I see 10. Some are easier to get to than others.
The problem from my point of view is that people depend on MAC address filtering or hidden SSIDs instead of changing the default admin password on their router and setting up WPA2 with a decent password.

From my home, I can see about 32 wireless access points. 4 of them use MAC address filtering. If I go for the hidden SSIDs, there are 4 of them that use hidden SSIDs and no other security measures. Aiming the old Pringle can in the right direction, I could theoretically make use of those 8 sites instead of using my own connection.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote