View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 11:44 AM   #25
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdin2 View Post
1. Does using Koreader rather than the Kobo software degrade the ease of using overdrive with the KA1 or does it only affect page layout options?
At this time and likely in the future, you are not able to use the KA1's Overdrive integration from KOReader.

Quote:
2. If using Koreader, can you still remove the header from pages?
I seem to remember that last time I used KOReader, you could enable or disable the title display. KOReader has little to do with the setup when you are using Kobo's renderers. My experience with KOReader was that it worked better for the few PDFs I had on my Kobo and finally, I decided that it wasn't worth keeping around. The Kobo software handles CRZ/CBR and RTF and I have no XPS, DjVU, FB2 or PDB ebooks so little advantage for me in the additional formats supported by KOReader.

Quote:
3. Do you use epub or Kepub files? Does it make a difference if you are using Koreader?
I use almost exclusively epub. The exceptions are those few books that have maps and other illustrations that have high enough resolution to make it worth zooming in to see more detail and the 4 epub3 fixed layout I currently own.

For KOReader, there shouldn't be that much if any difference between epub and kepub since the spans that are added to kepubs should not affect the display. If you have some of the old kepubs that used javascript, that could make a difference.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote