View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #75
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by murz_07 View Post
And how do you boot Kindle in fastboot mode in Linux?
I boot Kindle in fastboot in Windows, reboot PC in Ubuntu and
Code:
sudo lsusb
doesn't show anything like "x01949/0xd0d0". So fastboot waiting for device like it should I suppose.

What is root in Windows?
I said in windows cygwin. maybe it has root. I don't know. I keep in installed, but I have not used it in years since I changed to keeping mutliple VMs running all the time. When I started spending most of my time in the linux VM running on windows, I changed to running windows in a VM running on linux.

Cygwin symlinks faked with shortcuts kind of sucked anyway... ;-)

About the other question, perhaps your USB port is not working, or you might have a bad usb cable. Try different stuff. lsusb should show every USB device plugged in.

The kindle 4 and 5 should show up as 0x1949:x00004 when in USB Drive mode, or 0x11949:0xdd0d0 if in fastboot mode, or 0x15a2:0x0052 if in usb downloader mode. If it is in usb networking mode, it might not show up here (not sure), but it sure will not show up in windows as a usb device that way (but a network device instead). There is also a USB serial mode, but I do not know the VID/PID for that (yet).

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-28-2012 at 07:43 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote