View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #15
Dellaster
本の虫
Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, DXG, Fire · iPad, iPod
Quote:
Originally Posted by maynard View Post
Yup, I've been playing with it. I definitely like the eink screen. However, I just loaded Project Gutenberg's Hong Lou Meng (Dream of the Red Mansion) in epub format and it didn't display at all. I'll ask on the Entourage forums about that.
Perhaps the eDGe doesn't have the right font and it's not embedded in the ePub either? Though I would think you'd get garbled symbols and question marks, not no display at all. How odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maynard View Post
Oh yeah, sorry about the Chinese. I didn't realize you were expecting Japanese. I simply did that based on your user tag.
Ah, I see now that my tag, 読書家, actually does seem to mean about the same thing in Chinese as in Japanese ("avid reader" or "bookworm" in Japanese). So your mistake is understandable. Japanese kanji are "Chinese characters" after all, though there have been changes over the centuries.

I've changed that to a different way of saying "bookworm" that is unmistakably Japanese due to the kana character in the middle: 本の虫
Dellaster is offline   Reply With Quote