View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 06:10 PM   #13
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
...you've lost that battle a long time ago without even knowing you were fighting in the war.

There was a previous thread about privacy that got derailed before I could add these two cents about the subject. Basically what I wanted to say was that those of you who are hesitant about buying a Kindle due to Amazon's privacy policy really need to know that any information Amazon can sell about you is probably already available from multiple other sources. So don't let that be the deciding factor regarding your purchase.

Those of you interested in exactly what information can be accessed easily about you should check out this video of a lecture by a private investigator. I found it very interesting, and confirmed a lot of what I suspected about what information is available out there.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...6293369601334#

Yeahbut. You see, all of these privacy fears can be readily solved by a judicious application of .45 caliber copper-jacketed lead to the head of each and every CEO and senior staff who chooses to invade personal privacy that way.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote