View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 01:59 PM   #7
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Okay. One thing to consider is that mini-LED booklites are cheaper, last longer and much lighter than older incandescent booklites. Thus, using an LED booklite isn't that much of an 'inconvenience'. Further, one could modify a Lightwedge, using velcro, to fit onto the average eInk reader - sure, it's much more expensive than a typical booklite, but it gives nice, even illumination across the surface.

And then there's the larger screen size and the longer battery life of the average eInk reader - we're talking days and *weeks* of battery life here!

For that kind of mobility convenience, I'd be willing to have to add an LED or Lightwedge booklite to the package.

Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
Like the fellow above stated, I use my ebookwise-1150 or my Nokia 770.

I will look into the e-Ink stuff - but I did say I wasn't familiar with the technology. Now that I understand the why of not having a backlight, I just have to consider if I'm interested in one. I really don't mind charging my ebook devices more often. I guess I'll have a look at the Sony E-Reader this week and see how I feel then.

I found a deal on some tablet PCs for $155 each. Maybe that is another route I can take.
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote