View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #38
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelv View Post
In the moment the navigation works only via the links on the left side. I'm thinking about a good solution for page up/down, but I'm not sure if and when this will be available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelv View Post
- It's now possible to hide the navigationbar, so there is more space for reading. This is available for ePub-files loaded with version 1.0.5. So just reload ePub-files you already loaded with an older version.
Congratulations on a very nice, functional and warranted add-on!

I wonder if this approach/code could be added to some browser's that work on the iLiad or Kindle (if they are Mozilla based ). This way these hardware ebook readers could have (unencrypted) .epub support without requiring a firmware upgrade.

Anyways, to re-visit your navigation issues, I think the toc.ncx is the first place that can be improved with a "Prev" and "Next" button/link beside the "Toggle Navigationbar" and/or failing that, I would allow users to follow the linked source html files listed in the <spine> section of the enclosed .opf file within the .epub using that same Prev and Next link approach.

In fact, using that .opf, you can re-write the <head> section of the html so that you can specify the files Next and Previous links** therein by adding support for:
Code:
Next alternative view page
<link rel="next" href="nameofnextpage.html" />

Previous alternative page
<link rel="prev" href="nameofpreviouspage.html" />
Note: ** see 12.1.2 Other link relationships at http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/links.html

Just a thought or two...

In any event, it's a great add-on!

p.s. it even works well with my humongous Webster's Dictionary 1913 ver 2.1 .epub loading it in under 20 seconds with NO issues!!!!

Last edited by nrapallo; 11-03-2009 at 08:50 PM. Reason: added links