View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 09:13 PM   #14
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWJ View Post
So if Sony is switching to ePub, what are the implications for not-terribly-computer-savvy me? Will it still read LIT and MOBI converted via calibre? Will calibre change? (Should this be in the calibre thread?) Will I be able to read all my existing books? Will it be easier to unlock Sony's DRM so I can buy straight from them? (I understand that direct links to DRM stripping aren't allowed here.)

Any tips for reading to get my head around this would be much appreciated.
Essentially Sony moving to Adobe EPUB is a good thing because they will have a crackable DRM format much like the kindle already has. I am sure many people buy from Amazon as opposed to Sony due to Sony's lrx format not being cracked at this point. BTW Calibre converts to Epub brilliantly, in fact that's prob. what you should be converting those .lits and mobis into.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote