View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 04:43 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram View Post
I would actually disagree with that claim. Mobipocket uses an entirely formatting-oriented pre-CSS version of HTML with proprietary extensions. LIT uses the markup format specified by the OEBPS 1/1.0.1, which is an XML-ized HTML 4.0 plus CSS 1/2. Most LIT markup uses semantic @classes to identify textual elements like chapter headings, excepts, etc, while all Mobipocket has is pure, lossy formatting. If you have a choice I would definitely recommend going with the LIT version.
But, with respect, none of that affects the actual appearance of the book; it just makes it somewhat easier for the publisher to achieve a consistent appearance across a range of books. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there's anything in the way of formatting that a LIT book can have, but a MobiPocket book can't.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote