View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 12:22 AM   #24
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I only got my Aura for a week now but I've had absolutely no problem with either the firm- or the hardware. No bugs, involutary page turns or anything of what I hear from the Aura HD here. The Aura's technology is a bit different from other readers. It does have a matte capazitive screen (e-ink Carta I think it is) whereas the other readers use IR technologie. Having had an IR touchscreen device for several years I have to say I like the capazitive better. No crumbs or cat hair turning pages or getting stuck in the bezel though the screen still is very responsive.

Its really fast (those new readers are worlds apart from the old one you have, believe me, I came from a three year old device) and the light is awesome. So are the screen and the cripsness of the text.

There are 11 fonts on the Aura and 24 font sizes. The changes you are about to make to them are shown side by side for easy comparison to the settings you have.

The Aura can handle your library books. It has a pinch & zoom function to zoom into maps or images. If you want to look up a footnote its shown in a pop-up whereas you have to spring back and forth on other readers (I read a lot of history/historical fiction/classics that are full of maps and footnotes, so both features are heaven sent for me).

The light on the Aura can be managed with a swipe instead of have to go through the menue, which makes for an uninterrupted reading experience. It also is very responding and absolutely not too bright in the low setting as people say of the Glo (I've never seen the Glo outside a stores bright light so I can't tell you if this is true or not. Anyway everybody has their own too bright, too much tolerance).

I manage my Aura using Calibre so I am not able to tell you anything about its manageability without it. It does do collections, handles all the information I give it about book series perfectly and makes my reading a complete joy. I just love having it!
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote