View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by isotherm View Post
The trouble with porting to Kindle 3 (not sure about later versions as I didn't look at their kernels) is that it already has a different contrast ioctl (accessed as command 19 via update_display). It provides not as good contrast adjustments (they output only 4-bit shades and the monochrome adjustment is extremely dark).

On K3, it currently allows levels 0 through 7. I think the code could be combined in the following way: Add a level 8, which enables the new contrast table. Route all contrast lookups through the K3's pointer rather than directly through the custom table.
if this can put paid to the eink video worries I think I may faint.

Hell... I think I may faint anyways.

EDIT: I really wish I understood how to do that

errr... so ...

echo "19 8" >/proc/eink_fb/update_display
or something?

Last edited by twobob; 02-27-2013 at 11:56 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote