View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #317
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Maybe I will try the modded version of Charis SIL, but it has to be modded big time in that case. I've downloaded the normal unmodded version, but I really don't like it. Some letters such as "k" look really weird. Just as many fonts do in Linux, the "<"-part of the letter is very, very thin. Other letters such as "o" and "b" and so on have problems with the round parts.

If I would replace Caecilia, then it would be by a version of DejaVu Serif with added weight. If I can find a freeware/open source font editor to easily do that.
One clue I can give you is if the font has a semibold version you can use that as the regular. You just have to do a bit of editing metadata which you can do for free using Type Light 3.2. The link is in the thread and there is instructions on how to change classification on a font to work on the PW.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote