View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #13
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
FYI, Mobileread disapproves of and does not condone circumventing the display of advertisements in advertisement-subsidized devices.

The ads can be removed without violating the Amazon TOS by going to the Manage your Kindle page at Amazon and shelling out the difference between the cost of the SO version and the ad-free version.
As I understand this, the moderators prefer that we not discuss HOW TO cheat amazon by violating our Terms of Service agreement, but the site owner's policy is that existing posts are not illegal and can stay here. That makes it kind of a "gray area" to be discussed carefully.

Although some of us (including myself) strongly defended amazon as the "good guys" in the past, recent experiences with amazon have made us (as discussed in PMs and in some posts) a lot less willing to defend amazon after all the hostile updates that break custom apps in 5.1.0 and 4.1.0 firmware. Also, amazon has fallen through on things they promised me verbally, by NOT calling me back or emailing me with details as they said, on multiple occasions.

If somebody has technical questions, I will continue to try to answer them, and I will try to keep my opinion about amazon out of it. If these requests stray into ad removal, I may help up to a point, but in general I will leave that up to others because it does not interest me, and I do not like getting warnings from site moderators for my posts.

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-13-2012 at 09:41 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote