View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 02:20 AM   #2
stephenwilks
stephenwilks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard Wi-fi 3G
Kindle can

I have since found that my aging digital camera handles the harvest of QR codes with ease - even without closeup super-macro settings.

I have also found that I can capture a QR code (with contact details) off a Kindle 3 screen, using a webcam in average daylight conditions.

In both cases, I cropped the resulting images and resized them to about 230 pixels square. In the latter case, there was obviously some reflection off the screen, and a bit of fuzziness in the webcam image. The contact details were quickly and accurately delivered by the xzing.org online decoder. I also used zxing.org online for QR generation. I have also used qr.net online for code generation.

To avoid contact details being harvested by the unscrupulous, it would obviously be a good idea to have a desktop generator and reader. I found Quickmark crashed on my machine. Probably a .net version issue. Two Firefox add-ons failed to read codes. In any case, perhaps add-ons aren't very secure either.

Anyone out there know some good free QR Code generation/reading desktop software for Windows XP?
stephenwilks is offline   Reply With Quote