View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
pinktank
Enthusiast
pinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: none
that's a lot of assumptions you have there.
a) I have a non-ad kindle
b) I want to opt in for ads that I did not even sign a contract for
and
c) I think it's a fairly subjective topic. It might be dishonest from a contractual point of view but as I would be actually looking at the ads at my pleasure, Amazon still gets it's pay and the companies who benefit from advertising do as well as I do buy their advertisement if I feel like it. I might be even less annoyed at them as I don't have to see them all day on a banner.

In all, the modification does not effect anyone but myself, unlike 3g tethering, or complete ad dismissal.
pinktank is offline   Reply With Quote