View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #6
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I'm sorry you are having trouble with your Kobo, do you have an aversion to touch screens?
I like the concept of a touchscreen, just not the implementations I've seen. The plastic membrane scheme Sony uses makes the print look farther away and fuzzy. The retroreflective glass Apple uses on the iPhone is better, because it's really clear, but it fingerprints like mad. There might be a good middle ground out there, but I presume these choices are driven by sound economics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
What other hardware experiences this problem. I guess I'm lucky because I haven't had a problem on any of my ereaders with ePubs converted by calibre. It seems to me this might be a Kobo specific problem. Maybe you could share a PD book that causes the Kobo to lock up and we can take a look at it.
I meant other Kobo's had the problem. I made a sample book to illustrate the issue, you can see it at this link . I'm sure it's some un-written rule of Kobo. We just need to figure it out so that calibre can work around it.
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote