View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCARaddicted View Post
By the way: what other ebook-readers would you recommend ?

As I said: 5 inch would be prefered. No touchscreen. A card slot should be included.
Oh, and if the battery could be replaced easily, that would also be a plus.

Thanks in advance.
I'd like to recommend you at least take a look at the Pocketbook 360.

As a previous user of the Sony PRS300 and a current user of the PB 360, for 5" devices, I'd say you couldn't go wrong with either one. But (and you knew it was coming!) - the PRS 300 doesn't have a card slot, although it does have a file structure (called "Collections") that I liked and a user-replaceable battery.

The PB360 has a card slot and a regular PC-like file structure (you can make/search folders on it to the nth level...). And you can replace the battery yourself.

But wait, there's more!

The thing that makes me appreciate the PB360 over any other reader is its ingenious cover that snaps over the screen or onto the back of the device while you're reading. You don't have to buy an extra cover that will add extra weight and bulk to the device.

If it wasn't for the cover, and the ability to flip the device from hand to hand effortlessly, I'd've probably stayed with the PRS 300. It was a nice little device (and you can fit a LOT of books onto its internal memory).

Good luck and happy hunting with your search.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote