View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #3
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I own one, but rarely use it. I have issues with backlit LCDs. I gave it to my roommate, and it's slowly failing. However, others have had better experiences in that regard.

As far as usability, the navigation seemed clunky at first, because the highlight that shows the selected item is light blue, making it hard to see at times. I think had I been able to use it longer, I would have gotten used to that.

The page turn buttons (located on both sides) are touch-sensitive, and John reports that he accidentally turns the page frequently.

Overall, it's not a bad ereader if you like LCDs. If you can get it for a great price, I think it's worth it, but it's nowhere near worth its original retail price IMO.

You should know that the wireless can only connect to the store. There is a hack somewhere that allows you to specify another address (such as Google) so that you can navigate elsewhere via links.
Thanks so much for the swift reply. Yeah, I'm not too concerned about hacking to connect to other sites than the store. Would you say it is worth $44 (that includes shipping)? Seller says its like new. Do you think it will last as much as 2 years? You said the one you gave your roommate is slowly failing. It might be cool to have an LCD as well as an eInk (I love the eInk Kobo WiFi I have).
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote