View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 07:58 PM   #4
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by heulwen.jones View Post
Thanks for your help. I'll workaround the issue by adjusting the size of the images that look too big so they can display correctly at width 100%
If I may, I feel somewhat compelled to point out, as I frequently do (not to you, heulwen, that's not what I mean), that that coding won't necessarily solve your problem. Width=100% doesn't mean, 100% of the size of the image in the folder/zipped folder, etc.; it means, 100% of the width in percent of the containing block.

THAT means, if you have images that are, say, supposed to be seen at 500px in width, and you put that coding around it, and Paula Purchaser flips her Kindle HDX into landscape mode to read, your image is likely going to look like kaka. OR, if someone pops it up in single-column, full-width-of-the-screen Kindle for PC/Mac.

AND, for anyone that hasn't yet fallen asleep, it also means the same thing for the LOOK INSIDE THE BOOK.

SO, tread carefully before you invest dozens of wo/manhours in changing them all to 100%. We've been doing this a long time, and using 100%, while a nice fix if all your images happen to be high-rez high-def biggies, can really suck if you end up overdriving them. I wish that the Mobiverse would give us nice, tidy CSS3 options that worked ALL the time, but as you've seen--they don't.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote