Thread: epub editing
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 11:05 AM   #5
lomkiri
Zealot
lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonly View Post
but if someone will explain me about where i have to change setting in css file then i can do it
> 1. i want to increase font size of some selected words but i cannot find any font size in calibre editing tool

You'll have to add a <span class="bigwords"> (for example) around the words you want to increase,
<span class="bigwords">some big words</span>
and in the css :
span.bigwords {font-size: 1.2em;}
The tool </> ("insert tag") in the toolbar can speed up this process.

> 2. i want to put limited words in one page and rest text i want to send next page

Split your page at the line you want the page break, each physical file always begins at a new page
At the bottom of the viewer widget, in the editor, you have a button to visually split the page.

(another way is to put as a last paragraph before the desired page break, a <p class="break"></p> and give it in the CSS the property "page-break-after: always;", but not all e-readers will aknowledge this setting).

> 3. i am trying to give some space in selected paragraph by entering empty lines but when i click to save book and i open that book there is no any extra space in my selected paragraph

Insert an html paragraph (normal spaces and linefeeds have no effect in html):
<p> </p>

> 4. i want to change url color in blue and also clickable (currently its showing in normal text style and not clickable)

You'll have to insert an <a href="some_url">clickable text</a> tag, see the site that Sunlite pointed to you to know how to do. In the css, you can define a custom color for unvisited and visited links.

> 5. is that possible all chapter names are auto bold style and increase font size ?

Be sure that all chapters have the <h1> selector and, in the CSS, give to them the properties you wish :
h1 { font-weight: bold; font-size: 1.5em;}
If you hit Ctrl-1 on the paragraph, calibre transforms it into a h1 paragraph.

----------

You also should have a look at another epub and how all this is done, it'll give you ideas and practical examples.

Last edited by lomkiri; 01-03-2022 at 12:27 PM.
lomkiri is offline   Reply With Quote