View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 06:34 AM   #25
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
.mo translation files converted .po by v3.45.2 are flawed, but v.3.44 work:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...94#post3867694
Windows 10 x64 1903
calibre 3.46
system locale: pt_BR
calibre language: pt_BR

I'm having a weird problem with that command too:

Code:
calibre-debug.exe -c "from calibre.translations.msgfmt import main; main()" pt_BR.po
Failed to compile translations file: pt_BR.po, ignoring
The weird part is that the 'pt_BR.mo' file is still being generated, and seems to work fine. I tried it with several po files (with non ASCII characters), and none raised that error. Then, just to check, I tried changing the file name to 'pt-BR' and got no error message. Any other name would do, including names with underscore.

Now it gets weirder: supose I have 02 files ('fr.po' and 'pt_BR.po') on a folder. When I tried to generate the mo file for the french translation, then I got this:

Code:
calibre-debug.exe -c "from calibre.translations.msgfmt import main; main()" fr.po
Failed to compile translations file: pt_BR.po, ignoring
It complains about the 'pt_BR.po' file just for being in the same folder, since it is not being converted right now.

At last, I tried changing calibre language to English. Now everything works fine! No errors at all. No complaints about 'pt_BR.po' file.

P.S.: I never had that error before 3.45.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote