View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #12
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayrad View Post
A Googlefight comes out 24,400 to 10,700 in favor of "outside dog Mark Twain" over "outside dog Groucho Marx".

I've always heard it attributed to Twain too, but it does have that inimitable Groucho flavor, come to think of it...still, it wouldn't be the first time a comedian swiped a good line!
And if I know my Internet, fewer than 10 (and perhaps as few as zero) of those 35,100 sites bother to give an original source for the quote. Most of these sites simply regurgitate what they've seen on other web pages. A person can get really stupid really quick by believing things found on quotations pages such as brainyquote.com, famous-quotations.com, and great-quotes.com (not to be confused with that erudite and well-researched book by George Seldes, The Great Quotations).

But to get back on topic, this is a bit of an out-of-the-usual if not exactly spectacular place to read an ereader:

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 05-01-2010 at 11:26 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote