View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #10
ittiandro
Connoisseur
ittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notes

Device: JuliusvonJD
Let me join the conversation and see if somebody can get me off the hook.
I have a D2-912 tablet. I have no problems in reading "regular" PDF and EPUB books with a variety of e-readers. I have however a series of ( scanned, I guess?) PDF books which are next to impossible to handle: most of the e-readers I tried take ages to open them. I converted them to E-Pub. Lot better! However the pages and characters in EPUB format are a bit small. I can live with it for Roman fonts, but part of the text are in Greek characters and it would help to be able to control the font size and the page lay-out, like with the PDF, but unfortunately the EPub conversion from the original scanned PDF does not allow ANY control. THe page is there, but looks like an image: fixed fonts, fixed margins. I can only change the backround color , i.e. the margins outside the page proper.
I heard about OCR and converting the original scanned PDF to text or HTML, edit and then re-convert to regular E-PUB, which should by then be controllable like a regular EPUB. Aside from the hassle of double-converting a ton of books, it all sounds very esoteric.
Any suggestions?

THanks

Ittiandro
ittiandro is offline   Reply With Quote