View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #110
andrewed
typist
andrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowandrewed will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytrewq View Post
Congratulations.
How stable is your usb-hack? After first succes, can you simply turn the device off/on to continue?
Do you have an offline text-editor? Is the eWriting what you expected?
The hack is fairly stable. If I am careful about turning off and on USB Host, then nothing gets weird, but rebooting the device fixes anything that comes up, like weird Input Method Editor pop-ups. I am not sure yet about being able to turn the port off and on while the machine is on (and thus slow battery drain to normal rates). I am only sure that turning the machine completely off turns the port off and stops the battery drain.

My reconditioned Nook's battery sucked from the beginning, so this is a bit of an issue. Buy a new Nook!

Yes, I use Jota text-editor. Great. Even got arrow keys to work with shortcut options (though another guy at xda is working on this to make them and other dead keys native).

Yes, the eWriting, including editing, is exactly what I expected it to be. While the mechanics could be smoother (having to turn a USB port on and off is a little odd, right?), I couldn't be more pleased with just the writing itself.
andrewed is offline   Reply With Quote