View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #3
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Heaven knows I'm not trying to add headers/page numbers to the ePub. EPubs shall be reflowable and adding headers must be up to the renderer, not the publisher. On that we agree.

I am trying to find a way to print a nice-looking PDF from the ePub/html source. My original images is full of speckles (it's an old book) and the original format is quite large. The ePub is flowable, so I would like to print it in A5 size, much smaller than the original, without scaling down the text, and retaining the "feeling" of the original book (e.g. retaining the page layout, headers, footers, book structure) but not the exact layout of the text itself.

Besides; the ePub source is allready proof-read and formatted (e.g. inserted nbsp and correct dashes/hypens, formatted with correct fonts etc.